2/12/15

Day 3: Saturday: CSLA Conference

  • Librarian without a Library by Leigh Ann McCready. She talked about what happens to a school library when a new one is being built and weeding. Good ideas for obsolete books: 1. Bookmarks for weeded books.  2. Goodwill takes hardcover books.
  • The Future of digital and Information Literacy by Rosemarie Bernier. Look into Tech training with Google and community colleges. I will share her PFD as soon as I get a copy (I took notes on my hardcopy).
  • CCSS Literacy Lessons Hidden in Library Books by Patricia Ohanian. This was the best session of the conference! She teaches at Addison ES in Palo Alto, Ca and with come a speak at schools in the Bay area. 
  • Connecting Families: Rethinking Education About Parenting in a Digital Age by Kelley Mendoza from Common Sense Education (branch of CSM). She shared idea about how to run parent nights.
  • A Journey into Inquiry: Using Children's Books to Teach Science by Julie Andreacchi. I will share her PowerPoint as soon as I get a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment